Monday, March 14, 2011

Don’t f**k with me coz I’m actually Mexican

A gathering of gringo’s took place at The Number One House in Tulse Hill last Thursday for an evening of majestic Mexican delight.

Some might say I was modest but I am a freeking genius when it comes to creating Mexican starter delicacies. Mini chimichangas and jalapeno chilli poppers where devoured almost instantaneously, as were the first found of Margaritas - check the awesome glasses. A congratulations to Forder and Mulders on their ice and lime contribution – no such congratulation past to my house mate Fiona who tried to sabotage the Tequila based concoction by inserting  the handle of a wooden spoon into the blender.

Starter was followed by a rather amusing round of tacos with vegetarian chilli. I never understood tacos and not still don’t as the filling doesn’t stay in and you end up having to pick half of it back off your plate, or face in my case!

Clear plates, light candles, get on some Weller and we are ready for the dessert that was a combination of about three recipes. Although my biscuit based tequila lime meringue pie© did taste like a little delicious piece of a twister lolly that had been marinated in Mescal, it looked bloody disgusting – awaiting Maria’s photos as evidence.

The night was concluded by a lot of laughter thanks to the innocence of the majority of Dinner Clubbers, Forder put in a good performance tantalising us all with her Doppelganger skills. Jade having to triple check that, yes, I did have Arctic Monkeys on a vinyl, Rose that tasted of vinegar, and lots of laughter with friends I no longer have the pleasure of working with.

Then we Siestas… until next time Gonzales.

No comments:

Post a Comment